"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Saturday, May 14, 2011

101

For Day 17 I started my Saturday Series 3 walk by heading uphill from the office.  It started with a Regular Walk for 1.08mi in 00:23:04 with a 21.37min/mi pace and speed 2.81mi/h with

If you click on the link, you'll see that I went from my office, past the new elementary school to 600 North.  Then I turned right and went a couple blocks to what I hoped was the trail to cinder cones -- a shorter walk than up to the La Verkin Overlook, but rigorous enough for Series 3.  I think I know where that trail is now, but didn't notice it for the dirt road to a locked gate adjacent to it.

The walk on the link is the uphill stretch to the gate - 1.08 miles with 240 feet of elevation gain, which I did in 23 minutes, including the time fumbling with my phone taking the picture you see here from that vantage point as the phone was running out of battery.  However, it's enough for me to tell you here the rest of what I did.

I checked my progress on the way up.  I was at 0.87 miles and 121 feet of elevation gain when I left 600 North for the final uphill portion of the walk, making it 0.21 miles each way (0.42 round trip) from 600 North to the gate.  I added three repetitions of this portion before returning to the office.  Doing the math, this gives us 3.42 total miles (5.50 km) walked, with 597 feet (181.97m) of elevation gain.  I returned to the office at 9:50, so the walk took 1 hour 22 minutes.

Series 2B totals 33.91 km (21.08 miles) in 7 hours 40 minutes, with 594.97 m (1952 feet) climbed.

Series 3 totals are now 24.47 km (15.21 mi) in 6 hours 31 minutes.

See you Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving this EVO!! Pictures are legend quality, the app on elevation gain is premier and just taking this who Terreeeblay blog to another level!! Thanks for the updates, and thanks for the smiling tortoise continuing on his journey slow and steady! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awes Sat hike! Loved the repeats as well and thanks for going a little extra on my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking it too, thank you both Josh and Benjamin for your enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete