"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Monday, July 11, 2011

150

For Benjamin: to bed 10:25 up twice in the night 5 min each. Alarm 5:30 up 6:00 net sleep 7 hr 25 min

Day 67 - I walked  4.84 km (3.01 miles) in 01:01:16.  Climb was 29.0 m (95 feet).  Basic walk was 2.80 miles in 54 minutes, then I circled the driveway multiple times trying to turn off my recording device.  :)  Burned 400 calories.

Series 2B totals 156.05 km (97.00 miles) in 33 hours 52 minutes, with 1887.1 m (6191 feet) climbed in 7 counties of 6 states.   Humana Fit map at end of this post ...
It's hard to take a picture in tight quarters - you're looking at 266.7 dressed in t-shirt, levis, and walking shoes.  That's where we're starting the eating phase of Terreeeblay's tales
8:20 - breakfast: 1 cup frosted mini wheats, 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1 1/2 cup Kangen water, vitamins.  328 calories, total today 328.

10:30 - Finished a 24 ounce cup of water. Total so far today: 36.

13:00 - No morning snack. Lunch: 20 oz homemade vegetable soup with one thick slice homemade white bread. No butter. Drink: water (working on another 24 ounce cup)  555 calories, total today 883
15:45 - Afternoon snack: 6 oz chocolate protein drink. Finished another 24 oz cup of water, that's 60 oz for the day.  160 calories, total today 1043.
Here's more on today's walk:

6 comments:

  1. Guess I should have come here before commenting on the other blog as it appears you have already found many of the awes tools on MyPlate! Your water in take is off the charts, and that's muy awes, congrats!! One question, what is Kangen water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kangen water comes from the machine in our kitchen. It filters the water, and also makes it more alkaline - raising the pH from 7.0 to 9.5. Most of the water I drink either comes from this machine or from the water cooler in the office (Crystal Springs water from Leeds)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this will sound ignorant, but I am too curious not to ask. What is the benefit of raising the alkaline level in the water, and creating a pH score of 9.5? Guess I'm not only curious to hear Violet's sales pitch (sorry, just assuming it was her that got this going for you), and also a follow-up with how it has actually made a difference for you. Thanks Awes!

    And congrats on another awes day for 151...really starting to come into your own with exercise and eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violet was actually the second person who mentioned it to me, and there have been others since then, because I am a cancer survivor. There is medical research that is less than unanimously agreed to that cancer cannot live in an alkaline environment, and that we begin our lives as babies in a relatively alkaline state, then gradually become more acidic and prone to disease as we age.

    I figured worse case it is a placebo and best case they are right, and thus worth a try. I do feel better when I drink it, but that is admittedly an unscientific study.

    But there is "the rest of the story" for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate you taking the time to reply, and so quickly too, but I must disagree with one thing you said...that you feeling better when you drink it is an unscientific study. What could be more scientific then actual personal results?! My reason for asking about your experience is that I wanted the best "scientific" results I could get! :)

    Though it did generate yet another question (and I apologize for my string of questions on this particular subject). The question is, how does it make you feel better? Guess I'm with the program now on the argument that cancer cannot survive in an akaline envirnoment which is a plus given your circumstances, but what does it do for you to make you state that you actually "feel better" when you drink it? Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I called it unscientific because I am a sample size of one (not exactly statistically signficiant) and did not attempt to precisely quantify my level of "feeling better".

    Still, I do enjoy the fact that you value my reaction to this experience.

    You ask what it does for me that makes me "feel better". Part of it I'm sure is that I simply drink more water at home because I like the taste better out of the machine than out of the top. LaVerkin water is good quality but is "hard". I don't notice the metallic flavor quite as much when drinking the filtered water. Aside from that, after drinking it, I feel similar to eating salad - "scrubbers". I like that feeling. In the interest of full disclosure, I felt this more a year ago than I do today. I don't know if that is because I am now used to this water and so don't notice it as much, because it's time for a yearly filter change, or both. :)

    ReplyDelete