"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Sunday, March 24, 2013

13-83

I walked 0.5 miles in 10 minutes, including 60 feet climbed up stairs.  Ate 1616 calories today and a total of 15,356 calories in the past 7 days.  Livestrong.com says my current goal should be below 16,170 in 7 days if I want to lose a pound a week.  That target has been gradually dropping as I have taken off weight at my tortoise pace, overall I'm pleased.

Please click here for today's final word ...
From reading in 2 Nephi 32 and John 7...

"Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye had areceived the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the btongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost?

"aAngels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, bfeast upon the cwords of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will dtell you all things what ye should do.

"Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye aask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark."

                                                                       -- 2 Nephi 32:2-4

"Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
 
"If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

"He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

                                                                       -- John 7:16-18


Some of my favorite passages of scripture ...

Cheerio!

1 comment: