"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Saturday, April 20, 2013

13-109




I wanted to start April 16 (you know, the morning after ...) walking to and from work when in town and an equivalent distance when away.  I made excuses the first few days, and almost made more today ... glued to the TV like everyone else watching the events unfolding in Boston and thinking about my daughters, son-in-law, granddaughters, and friends there.  Finally I got the determination to turn off the TV and walk for those in Boston.

I am in northern Utah seeing clients, having looped around from Tooele to Utah County.  I parked my car in the Provo River Parkway lot near the intersection of Orem's 800 North and Provo's University Avenue, and started walking.  First picture is near the start point, I then walked 3 1/2 miles to Nunns Park (the second picture), then retraced my steps.  Third picture I took of myself at the end.  I was tired and happy.  :

I created a Garmin adventure out of this if you'd like to see more pictures and details:  http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/by/dougbeechersr/provo-river-parkway-trail-us-189-sr-52-junction-to-nunns-park/#poi-list  It is rated 5.1 tortoises.

Confession:  The last mile was not very tortoise like.  Suddenly I was tired and wanted to slow down and played mental games with myself to maintain my pace.  My vision of the tortoise is somewhat about pace and more about consistency and persistence ...

Cheerio!

1 comment:

  1. This is so awes El Padre, we've all been there about starting the day after. You are going to dominate My Whitney

    ReplyDelete