"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Wednesday, May 1, 2013

13-121

 So Rachel and I had 50 minutes before she had to pick up Maggie from school.  I was going to start today's walk, and she came with me for the first 25 minutes, then retraced her steps.  I kept going from there to one end of this trail at the Alewife station at the end of Boston's red line subway near the Cambridge-Arlington town line.  On the way, we passed this fabulous statue of Uncle Sam.  Turns out he is a real person, I hadn't realized that.  I knew this would be a good walk ...


So then I started up the path just because I was enjoying it so much.  I wound up near the town center of Lexington ... the colonial style Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts combo shop had some nice tables where I could wait for Rachel, who was nice enough to drive out and pick me up.

Totals:  8.7 miles with 336 feet climbed in 2 hours 48 minutes on a 5.9 tortoise path.  I have a Garmin adventure here if you'd like lots more pictures and details:  http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/by/dougbeechersr/minuteman-trail-arlington-town-ctr-to-alewife-t-station-to-lexington-town-ctr/#.UYRlc8rJV_Q

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment