"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Tuesday, May 28, 2013

13-148





It was an extra windy walk home tonight, sometimes hard to even take the next step when I was walking up the hill to Hurricane's 600 North.  Once I got there at least it was a crosswind rather than a headwind and I started moving a little faster.

Garmin started recording the walk a little late, so the walk home is officially 2.96 miles in 57:18 minutes, with 250 feet climbed.  Average heart rate was 115.

Eating continues to be a challenge.  I do pretty well during the day, then build up a voracious appetite in the evening, especially if I walk home.  Current goal is 2271 calories per day to lose one pound per week, and my preference is to keep eating to that and have any exercise benefit be just that.  Today's eating was 2723 calories, so I needed 440 calories burned from the walk to even get close to goal at 2283.  At least I am continuing to learn what I need to do to continue my journey ... I'm down 36 pounds in two years, certainly not a record pace, but I'm happy with it.

I read and enjoyed Mosiah 8 this morning.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment