"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Tuesday, January 21, 2014

14-21


Walked the loop around the elementary school, then continued to the church.  Thought you'd enjoy our new mobile Italian take-out establishment here in La Verkin that I saw along my way.  The walk totalled 2.18 miles with 108 feet climbed in 41:08 minutes.  Tortoise rating:  5.6.  Calories burned:  341.

For a map and more pictures, please click below to keep reading ...




Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit



2014 Stats:

62.96 miles walked, which is 6.30% of my 2014 goal.
20:19:06 hours walked, which is 6.49% of my 2014 goal
3,000 total feet climbed
9,940 calories burned 
5.75% of the year has passed.
I've walked on 17 of the 18 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 94.4% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

 The tortoise is smiling!

2 comments:

  1. okay there are gems and then there are mobile Italian restaurants in La Verkin!! Have you tried it?! I'd love to know if it's a hidden gem, just stay away from anything with garlic and onions for your tummy and you'll be great right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to stay away from garlic and onions. I love them, but they do not love my tummy. No, I haven't tried it yet, but rumor has it their spaghetti is good. One day I will stop by and talk to them and we'll see. They are only there for a couple hours at dinnertime, so I'll let you know when I do. Might be awhile ...

    ReplyDelete