"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Saturday, February 1, 2014

14-32


Here's the view as I passed the one hundred mile mark for 2014 near the end of today's walk ... the La Verkin Overlook and Scenic Circle.  7.42 miles with 847 feet climbed in 2:40:45 hours.  Tortoise rating average throughout the uphill half of the walk:  3.7.  Calories burned 1209.

For an aerial view and more pictures, please click below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!














    2014 Stats:

100.21 miles walked, which is 10.02% of my 2014 goal.
32:25:06 hours walked, which is 10.36% of my 2014 goal
  5,808 total feet climbed
15,927 calories burned 
8.95% of the year has passed.
I've walked on 27 of the 28 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 96.44% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

 The tortoise is smiling!

4 comments:

  1. This hike is pure torch! The tortoise shins today! I think this is your furthest walk of the year and it only gets a 3.7 tortoise ranking?!? smells fishy to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tortoise ratings are based on average incline and elevation, no distance factor. If I had broken the walk into segments, I'm sure the part to the Overlook would have rated somewhere near 1.0. The 3.7 is an average of all the hilly parts of the walk. I would love to break it out more, but didn't take the time to analyze the data that hard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is pure legend, it makes me so happy, you look so awes friend. Passing the 100 mile mark, got all the gear on, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Rachel, wasn't so sure about including the poles, I had just used them to come down from the Overlook, didn't need them any more and so had retracted them to make them easier to carry, just before Sarah joined me for a segment of the walk. You have her to thank for talking me into the picture. Loves!

    ReplyDelete