"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Tuesday, February 4, 2014

14-35



Walked to and from Valley Academy during the day, then walked to Lins to fill my Crestor prescription and continued down State Street to Main and back to end the day.  The pictures are a glimpse of my piece of the school, generally a couple times a week.  Today's walk totalled 3.79 miles with 118 feet climbed in 1:11:01 hours.  Tortoise rating overall: 5.8.  Calories burned: 591.

For a map and more, please click below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!


Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit

 2014 Stats:

107.71 miles walked, which is 10.77% of my 2014 goal.
34:40:00 hours walked, which is 11.08% of my 2014 goal
  5,992 total feet climbed
17,093 calories burned 
9.58% of the year has passed.
I've walked on 29 of the 30 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 96.67% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

Here is a WOW for you!  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-300-pound-nfl-lineman-alan-faneca-much-193756323--nfl.html  Anyone in?

 The tortoise is smiling!


7 comments:

  1. Alan Faneca was a torch guard too, one of my favorites so that is sweet to read. But not as sweet as the tortoise dominating 2014, i love the summary numbers at the bottom and i've been thinking about this I say you change your consistency rating to 100% and say 29/29 non Sundayr or the birth of my grandson!! The wounded duck is smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Wounded Duck!!! Funny you mention the consistency rating, I'm been thinking of changing it to the percentage of the time I walk 5k or more in a day (still 80+ percent, probably approaching 90) given that my goal is 3.23 miles per day, the average needed to walk 1,001 miles in 2014. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying reading this comments as much as the blog. Dad this blog is the best, just endless gems :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I liked seeing your piece of the school

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rachel, first comment: For me the comments are the highlight of the whole thing! @Rachel, second comment: Had to something to make the supply room a more happening place ... my favorite part is when they come to the lockbox in the room with lunch money to hold until they take it to the bank. Never had that feature in any other office I've utilized over the years ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Typo alert: make the "had to do something to make the supply room ..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's try that again: "make that 'had to do something to make the supply room...'". Gotta love typing on an Android with big stubby fingers!

    ReplyDelete