"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Thursday, February 13, 2014

14-44


I was trying to show my coat tied on my waist because it's too warm for it now, but when I finish this walk after dark and the wind picks up, perhaps I will need it.  What you did get to see is the smiling tortoise with a few boys already practicing on a ball field on a sunny afternoon in the first half of February.  When I'm hearing from Chief that they are cancelling major basketball games in North Carolina and Tio Guillermo is posting pictures of ghost town icy streets in downtown Atlanta, and my daughters have just barely stopped mentioning the polar vortex (and I suspect it's still cold in Beantown) ... I will take this!

As for my walk, it was 4.17 miles with 154 feet climbed in 1:18:08 hours.  Tortoise rating on the 1.12 mile uphill portion was 4.8.  Calories burned:  651.  There's a map and more if you click below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit

In case you were wondering, the little humps in the map are not GPS glitches.  One is at the ball field so I could take the picture.  One was at Valley Academy so I could interrupt my walk and go inside for a meeting for an hour.  One was at the signal by the Chevron, because I didn't want to stop for a red light so I went in a backwards circle in Steamrollers' parking lot instead.  Crazy?  Yes.  Fun?  Yes.

2014 Stats:

136.93 miles walked, which is 13.69% of my 2014 goal.
44:04:04 hours walked, which is 14.29% of my 2014 goal
  7,225 total feet climbed
21,680 calories burned 
12.14% of the year has passed.
I've walked on 37 of the 38 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 97.37% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

 The tortoise is smiling!

1 comment:

  1. The polar vortex is still alive and well, unfortunately, it is so frigid and cold, right now 30 but weather.com says it feels like 20, so yes we are above single digit temperatures, but it is freezing, they literally have been out maybe 2 or 3 times for outside recess since Christmas and it is basically March at this point. Bask in that sun el padre!

    ReplyDelete