"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Friday, March 14, 2014

14-73



Had an appointment this morning in St. George, then headed on to California for more appointments this evening and tomorrow, after which I will be headed back home for Sunday.  Stopped for my walk on some more of the Pacific Electric Trail, starting this time just north of Baseline at the historic railroad station pictured above on Etiwanda Avenue in Rancho Cucamonga and walking to Cherry Avenue in Fontana and back.  At this point I have done both directions of the trail in little pieces all the way from Euclid Avenue in Upland to Cherry Avenue in Fontana ... amazing what you can do when you keep at it.

Today's piece:  4.51 miles with 69 feet climbed in 1:27:09 hours.  Tortoise rating:  6.4.  Calories burned:  706.  Please click below for a map and more pictures ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit

View to the east towards Interstate 15.  If you look really closely
through the smog beyond that to snow capped Mt. San Gorgonio
in the distance.


Trail ends abruptly at Baseline, jogs to the west to a signal light
and then resumes on the other side of the street.

to a lushly green lawn segment beyond

Fontana's version of the trail signs.  A throwback to the railroad it used to be.

Dinner.  Had a coupon that included the drink and they had
Shamrock Limeade.   Also cheese dippers and tomato soup.
I was in scrubber heaven :-)

I was really in the early St. Patrick's Day mood
even put green sprinkles in my chocolate mint yogurt!
2014 Stats:

214.50 miles walked, which is 21.45% of my 2014 goal.
68:15:31 hours walked, which is 21.81% of my 2014 goal
10,683 total feet climbed
34,659 calories burned 
20.13% of the year has passed
I worked solid from 5:30 am to 8:30 pm Saturday and began my drive home to Utah after that, so sadly skipped a second day walking this week.
I've walked on 59 of the 64 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 92.19% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

2 comments:

  1. Your dinner looks so righteous!!! I miss that restaurant so much :) and I love your dedication to walking the full trails, hopefully some day soon you can chill and write your awes ebooks on all your walking adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dinner was terrific, yes! I think of you, and how our family loves that place, whenever I go. I can dream that people will want to read my future e-books. I know I will have fun writing them, because I love seeing what is just around the next corner on my walks
    !

    ReplyDelete