"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Friday, May 9, 2014

14-129


Valley Academy Charter School has been doing something very similar to what my granddaughter Chloe did last year at Healthy Learning Academy near Gainesville, Florida ...walk a marathon (26.2 miles) in little pieces of a mile or so many different days, leading up to the final mile.  Today was Valley's final mile, and I came by and walked with students, teachers, parents, and others who were interested in this.  There's some more pictures when you click below to keep reading, on the way to that I will tell you that I did a second walk later in the day, and the total of both was 3.42 miles with 61 feet climbed in 56:57 minutes, an average tortoise rating of 5.7, and 560 calories burned.  So please go ahead and click below, and we'll see you again soon ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit

Did another walk a little later to help reach my goal for the day ...


Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit






OK - I like the green and the trees at Chloe's school.  As you can see,
a lot of effort went into improving this trail from the surrounding
desert terrain.

My participation medal for completing the marathon.
(The final mile was mile 368 for me in 2014, some of the actual
marathoners in the group have probably done more,
but I'm pleased to have participated.
2014 Stats:

371.16 miles walked, which is 37.12% of my 2014 goal.
115:54:53 hours walked, which is 37.03% of my 2014 goal
17,217 total feet climbed 
59,724 calories burned
 35.46% of the year has passed
I've walked on 105 of the 111 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 94.59% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea, almost as good as the walking bus for Maggie's school :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the walking bus for Maggie's school! Maybe we can do one El Padre's classic imaginary choo choo trains, seems somewhat similar ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm for sure game, Emma is in love with doing the Robin Hood train great grandma style at the beginning of the movie, so this is right up her ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a plan! We can put Uncle Benjamin in the front doing Balloo as the "engine", Emma and her cousins can be in the middle, and goofy tortoise grandpa can be the awes caboose! You are in charge of choosing the soundtrack :-)

    ReplyDelete