"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Wednesday, May 14, 2014

14-134


I had a quick turkey sandwich at the new Arby's next door to my office and thought you might enjoy seeing what a nice job they did inside!  Right after lunch I did my first of two walks to and from the school ... totalling 2.44 miles with 193 feet climbed in 43:40 minutes.  Tortoise rating on the uphill portion:  4.6; calories burned:  379.  Please click below for a map and more ...

Cheerio!




Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit

2014 Stats:

379.52 miles walked, which is 37.91% of my 2014 goal.
11:5:37hours walked, which is 37.84% of my 2014 goal
17,630 total feet climbed 
61,028 calories burned
 36.74% of the year has passed
I've walked on 108 of the 115 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 93.91% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry its been so long since my last check in but I'm glad to see the tortoise is still smiling! Love the consistency, love the pictures and I love the dedication to confluence park :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking in, always get excited to see what you have to say. Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thriving metropolis of the Hurricane/La Verkin area now has significantly more eat out choices then my current 10 mile radius, and I'm guessing they are all open later than my selections as well. Just another pro for the home front!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dairy Queen is open until 10 and I believe Arby's is open until 11.

    ReplyDelete