"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Wednesday, June 4, 2014

14-155

Took the long way walking back to work today so I could get in a little more hill climbing and get my heart rate higher.  3.77 miles with 247 feet climbed in 1:06:27 hours.  (So the long way took 16 minutes and 8 seconds longer than the direct way home took last night.  Not bad!)  Tortoise rating:  4.8; calories burned:  585.  For a map and more, you know what to do next ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness

2014 Stats:

428.71 miles walked, which is 42.83% of my 2014 goal.
133:17:14 hours walked, which is 42.58% of my 2014 goal
19,839 total feet climbed 
68,718 calories burned
 42.49% of the year has passed
I've walked on 122 of the 133 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 91.73% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!


New neighborhoods with nice views are under construction

4 comments:

  1. Love the exact breakdown of the long way home, this blog always makes me smile, loves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the daily adventure of finding something ever so slightly new to discover, even if it is the way the same thing looks at a different time of day, or a different time of year. And every once in awhile I go somewhere very new, and then it's even more fun! Thank you very much for sharing the joy with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tortoise long way is awes! Also think it helped you stay just thiiiiis much ahead of your yearly pace! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. You speak the truth, Mr. Big Dog ... I need to average 3.23 miles daily to hit the goal. The most direct path from home to work is the sidewalk along the highway at 2.95 miles, so that doesn't cut it. Neither does the walk up the hill past the 3 schools, at 3.00 miles. That, variety, and the desire to post more walks of 5 tortoises or better (so I can get my heart rate to the 125 my doctor wants) pushes me to explore new paths to walk to work!

    ReplyDelete