"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Friday, August 1, 2014

14-213


There were pretty clouds this morning over the black lava hills behind our house, followed by a long day mostly getting ready for Glen's graveside service Monday, and concluded with a quick evening walk just over my personal minimum at 2.11 miles with 136 feet climbed in 37:28 minutes.  Tortoise rating:  4.9; calories burned:  328.  In addition to the map today, I have some fun Dodgers-Giants memories with Doug for you to read if you click below ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness


My mind has been on Glen and things relating to that, but I didn't want time to sneak by without giving a shoutout to the joys of being with Chief watching the Dodgers sweeping the Giants earlier in the week.  This picture pretty much sums up how the Dodgers found a way to win game 3, the one I watched with Doug.  (Hanley was safe at the plate in this picture).  If you'd like more on how exciting this was, my friends at the LA Times did a good job with this one:  http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodgers-giants-20140727-story.html  (I have them to thank for the picture as well)

Maybe this is the year.  We need new memories to add to Kirk Gibson and Sandy Koufax pulling off miracle World Series wins ...


2014 Stats:

607.46 miles walked, which is 60.69% of my 2014 goal.
191:26:10 hours walked, which is 61.16% of my 2014 goal
28,498 total feet climbed 
97,002 calories burned
58.47% of the year has passed
I've walked 53 consecutive non-Sundays since my last missed day on May 31, and overall have walked on 172 of the 183 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 93.99% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

2 comments:

  1. Great memories indeed Dad! Thanks for teaching me to bleed Dodger blue :)

    ReplyDelete