"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Saturday, August 16, 2014

14-228


Tortoise had a busy Saturday.  Said goodbye to Logan, Braden, and their well mannered scout group who returned home this morning.  Headed to Enoch with Willyne to visit Jared, Amie, and their family in their new home.  It holds the promise of clean living for sure!  Tortoise managed to steal the bases and make it home in a kickball game with Sam while there ... and fully expects Sam will figure out how to get those bases back in a future game.  Helped set up the family room for the concluding meeting of Daughter of God week tonight and figured out how to download video clips from lds.org, convert them from .mp4 to .wmv format so they can be recorded as playable DVDs for that meeting.  Had fun with Josh, Megan, Ethan, Kate, and Riley when they visited this afternoon.  Ethan will be a strong competitor with his Fire FC futbol team this season, he may have 6 points on opening day, but he has all but 2 of his players yet to play in games through Monday.  He will do great!  In the midst of all this, Tortoise also got in the phone calls he needed to follow up on church assignments tomorrow and work at the office using the computer at home.

He then concluded his day by walking out to the sunset shown above.  2.60 miles with 235 feet climbed in 57:40 minutes.  Tortoise rating was 3.9; calories burned were 430.  For a map and some more pictures, please click below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness




2014 Stats:

646.91 miles walked, which is 64.63% of my 2014 goal.
204:33:09 hours walked, which is 65.35% of my 2014 goal
30,685 total feet climbed 
103,286 calories burned
62.62% of the year has passed

I've walked 5 consecutive non-Sundays since my last missed day on August 11, and overall have walked on 184 of the 196 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 93.88% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

6 comments:

  1. Doing awes tortoise! Finally have 2% up on distance walked over time passed this year. 1000 miles is gonna happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever make it to 3% it will be worthy of a celebration! Is Tortoise going to have the pleasure of walking with Wounded Duck to Kolob Arch September 5-6?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random, but here is a site I like to use when I need to download Youtube videos to my computer. It converts it for you and is super easy. It's nice because if the internet is questionable wherever I go or if youtube is blocked I already have the video on my desktop so I can still play it. I haven't had any issues with the site being questionable, it has worked every time for me. Just putting it out there in case you need it :)

    http://keepvid.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check that out. I downloaded RealPlayer and used its "convert" feature, and that worked, but perhaps your method is quicker and easier ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an uber busy day. Love the fire FC preview :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fire FC is doing terrific! Tortoise needs to take lessons from him, PuPu Platter, and Pirlo ... Fortunately it is a long season :-)

    ReplyDelete