"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Friday, August 22, 2014

14-234


Tortoise sends his greetings and this beautiful 6:10 vista as he started today's 4.67 mile walk, which he completed with 183 feet climbed in 1:25:02 hours.  Tortoise rating was 5.4; calories burned were 729.  For a map, more pictures, a thought from W. Eugene Hansen, and more, please click below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness
Nice mountain view looking past my favorite LaVerkin park ...
2014 Stats:

666.54 miles walked, which is 66.59% of my 2014 goal.
210:39:32 hours walked, which is 67.30% of my 2014 goal
31,379 total feet climbed 
106,356 calories burned
64.22% of the year has passed

I've walked 10 consecutive non-Sundays since my last missed day on August 11, and overall have walked on 189 of the 201 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 94.03% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.


"He (Harold B. Lee) told of a woman who was widowed early in life and left with several children to support and care for. Money was scarce. The children had to work hard to supplement the meager amounts that the mother was able to earn doing washings and cleaning houses.
"But as the children took top academic honors and went on to notable achievements in the community and business world, the family attracted the attention of the local newspaper. A reporter was sent to the home to interview this remarkable mother who, by now, was somewhat stooped and gray.
"Several questions were asked by the reporter in an attempt to learn the secret of her success. She had accomplished so much with so little.
"The reporter asked his final question: “With such a wonderful family of children, which one did you love the most?” With a tear softly moistening her eye she replied:
“I loved most the one who was sick until she was better.
“I loved most the one who was away until he returned.
“I loved most the one who was failing until he succeeded.

“I loved most the one who was sad until she was happy.”


 www.lds.org/...#ShareGoodness

2 comments:

  1. Loved the early picture. Now I know why you need some mota mode pep in your step because the tortoise is walking earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the welcome rain, often accompanied by heavy lightning, I would have missed several days walking in August if I waited to do it until after work. The morning walks have been awes!

    ReplyDelete