"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Wednesday, April 15, 2015

15-105


Beware the Ides of April!  Happy Tax Day, one and all!  It was the craziest April 15 I can ever remember in the 29 tax seasons I have done this full time.  My staff was with me until 2 am, and I did not lock the door until 3:30 am.  That was after starting at 5:30 am.  The good part is I got to see many of my friends.

I had visions throughout the day of "pulling a Glen", referring to the night he died (July 30, 2014) and I began my walk at 26:30 on the "extended military clock" after finishing the last of my conversations with family.  Willyne was out of town helping our family, so walk I did and it was a welcome relief.

No such luck today.  It would have been a new record, 27:30 on the "extended military clock", but as I walked out the door, I suddenly hit the wall big time and realized I would be blessed to simply be able to make the 7 minute drive home.

So it's a no walk day, and my record 97 consecutive non-Sunday walking string from December 24 through April 14 comes to an end.  Of course, there is always tomorrow to start anew ...

The Tortoise is smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment