"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Monday, January 3, 2011

1

I walked 0.52 miles in 14 minutes on a flat surface on Day 11.  Series 2 total 4.52 miles in 2 hr 6 min.  Then I did a weigh-in -- 270.3 pounds, down 1.7 over holidays.  Still way high for me -It's a start :)
Here's a picture of my breakfast ...
a kefir shake (complete with spoon, it's thick and tasty!)  with my array of vitamins.  The quote in the frame behind the glass is good too, for more on that check my I Believe blog for today ...
No morning snack today.  Lunch was a reasonable size bowl of old fashioned oats cooked for 4 minutes at 20% power in the office microwave, with three scoops of Mountain High strawberry 1% milkfat yogurt.  Probably sounds strange, but I like it!

Afternoon snack was the remaining 23 bites of last week's lean sirloin steak, about 6 ounces worth, and a 3 teaspoons of peanut butter.  I'm finishing my third 8-ounce glass of water to go with it. I'm wishing dinner would get here ...

I am the passionately smiling tortoise.:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had dinner with Fred and Sue this evening.  Pot roast, mashed potatoes, corn, sparkling grape juice, with warm peach cobbler for dessert.  Not exactly "be good" food, but certainly delicious.  I thought I was reasonable on the portions, and I did not eat anything more the rest of the evening (so nothing after 6 pm) and that is actually my biggest challenge.  Overall, I would say it was a pretty reasonable day.  We'll build on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment