"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Tuesday, March 5, 2013

13-64

Walked 0.75 miles in 15 minutes, climbing 10 flights of stairs (80 feet).  Tortoise rating:  5.9.  Raced all day so I could be where I had to be to catch the plane home and deal with everyone who still wanted to be dealt with ... didn't have a chance to eat much.  After breakfast with a client at Ruby's Diner in Yorba Linda (egg white omelette with mushrooms, spinach, and swiss cheese, one slice of buttered wheat toast, half a fresh fruit cup, and water) I had 3 fiber one bars and 2 servings of turkey jerky to get through the day.  I did treat myself to an Orange Carrot Karma smoothie from my friends at Jamba Juice  as I walked from the gate to luggage pickup at the Vegas airport (no tram for me, I'm sure I was a sight with my bulging backpack and an overstuffed tote bag filled with files I picked up on the trip.

All this is to explain away why eating totalled 1240 calories as I now sit on the St George Executive Shuttle on the next leg of my journey home.  I would have rather had 30 extra minutes to sneak in some more Souplantation.  I really don't tire of the place, I suppose that sounds boring, but it makes me happy.  Total last 7 days:  12275.

No comments:

Post a Comment