"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Friday, April 12, 2013

13-102

Headin' out for a early evening walk

Today's tortoise walk, 1.40 miles with 129 feet climbed in 24:06 minutes.  Heart rate averaged 101 and peaked at 116. Please click here for today's final word, it's from my reading this morning ...



"But awhat could I have done more in my vineyard? Have I slackened mine hand, that I have not nourished it? Nay, I have nourished it, and I have digged about it, and I have pruned it, and I have dunged it; and I have bstretched forth mine chand almost all the day long, and the dend draweth nigh. And it grieveth me that I should hew down all the trees of my vineyard, and cast them into the fire that they should be burned. Who is it that has corrupted my vineyard?
"And it came to pass that the servant said unto his master: Is it not the aloftiness of thy vineyard—have not the branches thereof overcome the roots which are good? And because the branches have overcome the roots thereof, behold they grew faster than the strength of the roots, btaking strength unto themselves. Behold, I say, is not this the cause that the trees of thy vineyard have become corrupted?

                                                                           -- Jacob 5:47-48

This tortoise must always take care to go at a steady pace and not grow faster than the strength of his roots, remembering that our Lord has and will do all for us, and His pace is best.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment