"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Saturday, April 13, 2013

13-103

Two days to go until I pass the latest milestone on my life path ... my afternoon stress relief was moonlit today ... but the wait was worth it, I got to listen to some relaxing tunes while I walked. Tonight's offering is dedicated to my old friend Elder Dean Hirschi and all the times we chased after double decker red buses together in Ilford and Walthamstow ...



And here's a picture of tonight's moonlight walk to go with it:



And now it's time to help this blog live up to it's boring billing, so click here if you'd like to enjoy some stats with me ...


Today's walk was 1.41 miles with 129 feet climbed in 26:15 minutes.  I walked 5 days this week, for a total of 7.55 miles with 689 feet climbed in 2:18:55.  Little steps add up, thankfully ...

Somehow I managed to lose a few ounces this week (0.3 pounds if you believe my scale, but those add up too) and I'm now at 235.0.  I'm about halfway both in time and weight to my two year goal of 205, which will still leave me 30 or so heavier than college and I'm OK with that.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment