"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Saturday, August 10, 2013

13-222

Tortoise with his buddies wishing him well as he heads out on his walk
Being Saturday, I added a little extra to the walk to work today by climbing halfway up the L on the way.  After a little morning work I met Ethan, Kate, Riley, and Willyne at the movies to watch "Planes".  We had a great time!  I walked the 0.4 miles from work to meet them at the theater to complete today's walk, then rode home with them after the show.

Total walk was 4.55 miles with 600 feet climbed in 2:10:19 hours total elapsed time.  Overall tortoise rating:  4.8.  The initial 0.67 miles segment from the house to my turnaround point had a tortoise rating of 1.0, and my average heart rate was 125 with a peak of 151.  That segment took me 25:15 minutes, including 3:35 minutes for two rest breaks, one to catch my breath when my heart hit 151 about three-quarters of the way up, the other at the top to enjoy the view.  Click here for some more pictures and details ...


You might have noticed my pack in the picture, it had my tent, sleeping bag, a couple bottles of water, and a few other items.  I'm guessing it was 20 pounds but don't know, anyway I carried it the 4.15 miles to the office.  There were another 18:07 minutes in rest stops along the way to the office, I stopped and talked with Eldon Pierce for awhile, and also a person I don't know offered me a ride when climbing the last portion of the hill in Hurricane.  

Here's some more pictures for your viewing pleasure ...

Up to the skies!

This desert view is dedicated to Sarah E :-)

I always enjoy this view!

Footnote:  Miles walked since June 28 ... 74.52.

Cheerio!


2 comments:

  1. Talk about upping the commitment. 20 pound back pack is business time! And you know I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm paying the price this evening, bones are feeling "creaky". But it felt good while I was doing it. But if I keep these pictures up can I still claim to be a boring blogger ... j/k :-)

    ReplyDelete