"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Thursday, August 29, 2013

13-241

Busily building sand castles.  Mine was a tortoise, of course.  Between Abigail,
Nathan, and the waves, it was soon just a fun memory ...
I got in about a 1 mile walk today, which gave me a walk touching water in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans in a 36 hour period.  Pretty fun.  Total walked since 6/28:  106.88 miles.

What was really fun was all the exercise I got giving potato sack and moose rides at the beach and the pool, putting Abigail on my shoulders at Irish Dance so she could see Chloe practicing, lifting Nathan to try to shoot the basketball in the gym next to the Irish Dance studio, reading stories, telling stories, and generally being goofy grandpa.  Not sure we could have done much more in one day.

I also got to ordain Darin a high priest and stand in the circle while he was set apart as a counselor in his bishopric.  There was a sweet spirit and a lot of love there, capping off a terrific day.

You'd like more pictures?  Well, click here, and we'll see what we can do!

Cheerio ...









2 comments:

  1. First off, it was so incredibly awesome for you to go out there el padre, crazy nice of you. And the beach pictures look like so much fun, for sure a huge plus to living in FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I spent more time en route than I did in Florida. But I had a blast. I would totally do it again, although how do you do a once in a lifetime experience again. And I really appreciate your kind words, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete