"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Wednesday, August 28, 2013

13-240

Lots of people like me waiting for Egg White Delight McMuffins at 5:15 am  after successfully navigating the LAX security line.  Word to the wise:  You want to arrive at 4 am for a 6 am flight.  Really.
Walked through airports today headed for 43 hours with Sarah, Darin, Nathan, Abby, and Chloe.  I'm pretty excited!  That's 0.5 miles in 10 minutes at LAX.  0.75 miles in 15 minutes at CLT.  0.25 miles in 5 minutes at MLB, for a total of 1.5 miles in 30 minutes.  Total walked since 6/28:  105.88 miles.  Tortoise rating:  6.8.

Here's some pictures on arrival ...

Cheerio!







Water, water, everywhere.  Very nice.

We thought this was Colonel Mustard's hot dog stand ... close, but not quite.  Still looks like fun, will have to check it out sometime ...

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the egg white delight yet, what do you think of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question! Truth is, I ordered the egg white delight, paid for it, waited a good 10 minutes for them to cook it, and finally got called to pick it up. By that time I needed to get in line to board the plane. So I didn't actually open the bag until I was in my seat ... where I discovered they gave me an original Egg McMuffin. I did eat it, along with the fruit and brown sugar oatmeal -- the oatmeal was tasty!

    ReplyDelete