"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Monday, March 24, 2014

14-83

Walked with Rachel after work in Hurricane 4.91 miles with 239 feet climbed in 1:31:16 hours this evening ... by phone ... very nice, thank you!!!  Tortoise rating:  5.2.  Calories burned:  765.  For a map as well as the Google aerial view video, please click below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!


Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit



2014 Stats:

236.92 miles walked, which is 23.69% of my 2014 goal.
75:16:12 hours walked, which is 24.05% of my 2014 goal
11,478 total feet climbed
38,172 calories burned 
22.68% of the year has passed
I've walked on 66 of the 71 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 92.96% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry did you just say Cheerio?! Best send off ever! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Due to the fact that we just made Emma a countdown calendar for grandma and grandpas house I can say we can walk in person in just 89 days! Loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca ... I love saying Cheerio! ... and I love that you love it too!

    Rachel ... now just 88 days ... excited to see your wish list of which of these wondrous walks you decide you want to experience in person with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awes walk with Rachel!!!! I was just thinking I wanted to walk to temple square and have some pot pie at lion house with u- miss those days! Since that's not possible, I'd love one of these phone call walks- awes!!! Where do I sign up?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah: You "sign up' by calling or texting me when I happen to be walking. Super fun! Temple square pot pie walks and going an hour early to get a front row seats for the Pioneer Woman and the Nie Nie Dialogues might just be the ultimate daddy daughter date. Amazing and wonderful how that fell in to place.

    I don't have yesterday's walk posted yet, but I hit the quarter goal of 250 four days before the quarter ended by discovering and walking on the Santa Ana River trail ... there will be a follow up at what will be an early lunch time here today so I get my walk in before three appointments that will keep me going much too late in the evening to walk then ... if you (or Rachel, Becca, Doug, Benjamin, or anyone else happen to be available) No specific time yet, flexibility is one of the goto spices of the tortoise's life!

    ReplyDelete