"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Saturday, March 22, 2014

14-81


Another two walk day ... we get them in whenever we can!  First one was a real treat, I walked with my sweetheart Willyne to the fire station and back.  I couldn't convince her to let me take her picture, which would have been vastly superior, but you'll just have to live with the shot of me that she took ...

Stake Conference began this afternoon, there were 4 pm and 7 pm sessions with a short break in between. (Well, the break was an hour, but I was a greeter (fun!), so ... you get what you get!)  I snuck in another short walk to get energized before the second meeting.

Totals were 2.52 miles with 65 feet climbed in 55:37 minutes.  Tortoise rating:  5.6.  Calories burned:  414.
If you'd like to see the two maps and other fun details, please click below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!
Walk 1:

Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit

Walk 2:

Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit

2014 Stats:

232.01 miles walked, which is 23.20% of my 2014 goal.
73:44:56 hours walked, which is 23.56% of my 2014 goal
11,239 total feet climbed
37,407 calories burned 
22.36% of the year has passed
I've walked on 65 of the 70 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 92.86% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

5 comments:

  1. I love the picture! And love that you and mom walked together, we need pictures, next time when she hesitates show her this comment and tell her to do it for the children! Loves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Do it for the children AND grandchildren mama! ;)

    I LOVE this dad and your awes example of walking. Chloe and I are still working on our 5k run- it's gonna be April 12th. Haveen recording he miles but we r trying! :) and I love that u were a greete

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have I never noticed the Cheerio? I'm loving it. I also love that you were the greeter! Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a visitor from Edinburgh with an especially brilliant accent tell me with great enthusiasm how important the greeter is and how she wished they had had one at the time she was converted. Made me very happy!

    ReplyDelete