"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Thursday, April 24, 2014

14-114


Knowing that my appointments would keep me up very late when I got to Los Angeles this evening after earlier appointments in Hurricane, I took the opportunity to walk the McCarran Airport in the time between the St. George Shuttle dropping me off/passing through security, and the takeoff of my plane from gate C9.  Gate C9 is significant when you notice that the picture is taken near gate B2.  I went up and down all of the A, B, and C concourses, pulling my carry-on bags, dressed in suit and tie.  It is perfect, I just looked like someone taking a long walk from one gate to another ... they just wouldn't know about the "keep going" part.

GPS reception is spotty inside a building of course, so I made frequent trips to windows to get better connections.  The result is 2.36 miles with 46 feet climbed in 57:46 minutes.  I'm confident I went at least a half mile farther than that, but it's all good, I will go with what it initially recorded  (you may have noticed more than once that HumanaFit changes my elevation gains over time, usually to make it bigger, so I'm not going to stress that this time it made it lower as I'm sure I climbed more than 16 feet on the connectors between the terminals!)  Please click below for a map of my adventures, and more ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit

2014 Stats:

323.65 miles walked, which is 32.37% of my 2014 goal.
101:16:31 hours walked, which is 32.36% of my 2014 goal
15,016 total feet climbed 
52,116 calories burned
 31.31% of the year has passed
I've walked on 92 of the 98 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 93.88% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

2 comments:

  1. See this is what I am talking about, you created a map of your walk at the airport, for the love :) I would have just chilled at my gate, but you always take it up a notch

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I passed the Jamba Juice booth both directions too!

    ReplyDelete