"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Tuesday, April 29, 2014

14-119


It has been windy all day and still is tonight.  I'm tired, it took awhile to get up the energy to take the first step as evening began setting in.  Thank goodness for the blue hoodie I put over my white shirt and tie.  The tortoise must keep going, one step at a time.  I feel it more if I don't walk than if I do.  Pretty standard walk, at 3.63 miles with 59 feet climbed in 1:07:31 hours ... slowing down a touch but getting it done.  Tortoise rating:  5.8; calories burned:  566.  Please click below for a map and more ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit

2014 Stats:

339.69 miles walked, which is 33.97% of my 2014 goal.
105:57:40 hours walked, which is 33.85% of my 2014 goal
15,560 total feet climbed 
54,660 calories burned
 32.59% of the year has passed
I've walked on 96 of the 102 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 94.12% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

2 comments:

  1. Friend, this is when you are so awesome, tired, don't want to walk, but put on the hoodie and go anyway, you are such a good example of getting it done, wish I had the tortoise's dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do, just about other things in your life besides walking. Really important things, like fighting for every single thing that will help Mags. Way bigger in the tortoise's book than stringing a lot of walks together. I just want to be alive, alert, and agile when my youngest grandchildren (the ones yet to be born) are coming home from missions, graduating from college, marrying their soulmates in the temple, and so forth. I think of it everytime I think of backing off even a little ... this really is keeping dad alive ... Loves!

    ReplyDelete