"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Monday, April 7, 2014

14-97



How's this for a day on the road?  Fly in late at night.  Get a hotel room near the airport.  In the morning, walk 0.72 miles pulling your luggage up the sidewalk to a rental car agency, and passing a gentleman you talk to on the way and find out he's headed to work for Metrolink helping to extend the Crenshaw line to the airport.  I'm sure he was thinking I would be a customer for sure when he gets that line open.  See people all day and into the evening, then last thing before going to bed walk 1.46 miles on a well lit street roundtrip to an ATM machine and back.  Oh yes, that plane in the picture was taken along my first walk.  Looks like it's going straight up to the moon, actually it's seconds from landing.

I've got maps and more waiting just for you when you click below ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit



Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit

Total walks today:  2.18 miles with 42 feet climbed in 0:44:45.  Tortoise rating:  6.4.  Calories burned:  350.

2014 Stats:

284.41 miles walked, which is 28.44% of my 2014 goal.
89:09:03 hours walked, which is 28:48% of my 2014 goal
13,291 total feet climbed
45,75409 calories burned
 26.52% of the year has passed
I've walked on 78 of the 83 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 93.98% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always so impressed when you make the walk happen on a crazy day like this, you are so awesome friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you are so sweet to say that!

    ReplyDelete