"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Saturday, April 5, 2014

14-95


Treadmill walk today:  3.30 miles with 172 feet climbed in 1:00:22.  Tortoise rating:  6.5.  Calories burned:  447.

2014 Stats:

282.23 miles walked, which is 28.22% of my 2014 goal.
88:24:18 hours walked, which is 28:24% of my 2014 goal
13,249 total feet climbed
45,409 calories burned
 26.20% of the year has passed
I've walked on 77 of the 82 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 93.90% consistency rating.

Given:  Today was not a Benjamin Category Override 5+ mile walk, however, Tortoise felt it necessary to label it as such to document the moment when the mighty Benhog suggested the tweaking of Tortoise ratings in this manner.  Please refer to the fabulous comments below!

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling, and Doug Jr, that Vegas billboard is right, boredom is not an option!

Cheerio!

6 comments:

  1. Awes being on track dad. So proud of u!!!
    Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah, your support helps keep me going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I've gone such a long time without checking in with the tortoise but holy cow is this awesome! I especially loved the posts from the Santa Ana Trail, you continue to find these awes places to walk. And that you are slightly ahead of pace even through a crazy tax season may be the greatest accomplishment yet on the blog!

    Should also mention that when things settle down I still feel a slight tweaking of tortoise grades. You have a torch 5+ mile walk on the Santa Ana trails and yet the grade is a 7!?!? This is unacceptable and doesn't appropriately gauge the domination of the tortoise, I think a simple fix would be adding a time marker and if you are going over 1 hr in the walk then a minimum 5 category must be given.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tortoise will give due consideration to the brilliant request of the Benhog. Love the passion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't agree more with Benjamin's comments, you torched through a crazy busy season, found new trails, and found joy in the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best part is the more I walk, the longer my list of places I've discovered that I want to go walk and check out the views. We are going to have a great time together on the Virgin River in June!

    ReplyDelete