"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Saturday, May 3, 2014

14-122


And to substitute a few words in the time honored Vin Scully greeting, "It's time for (a beautiful evening walk in LaVerkin)! Hi, everybody, and a very pleasant good evening to you, wherever you may be."  I walked 3.34 miles with 108 feet climbed in 1:04:19 hours, having stopped for 47:30 along the way to talk with Wade Beatty.  Tortoise rating was 5.5; calories burned were 637.  Please click below for a map and more ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit


2014 Stats:

350.37 miles walked, which is 35.04% of my 2014 goal.

109:20:52 hours walked, which is 34.94% of my 2014 goal
16,182 total feet climbed 
56,443 calories burned
 33.55% of the year has passed
I've walked on 99 of the 105 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 94.29% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the creativity in the intro friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vin Scully, age 85, has been the voice of the Dodgers since 1950. That's three years before I was born. I can hear him saying "It's time for Dodger baseball" in my mind, even though it's a rare treat for me to pick up his broadcasts now. Guess I thought of it because the weather was so terrific for a walk :-)

    ReplyDelete