"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Saturday, May 17, 2014

14-137

Did a morning walk on my way to a half day of work. Being Saturday, I wanted to do something a little extra with the time I had, so I parked just off the highway on the Hurricane side of the La Verkin Bridge, walked up the hill and headed to the trailhead at the Parley P. Pratt memorial.  From there I walked the Confluence View trail down to the Virgin River, then followed the river trail to ... Tortoise Track!  This goes steeply back up to 200 West near the ball fields.  Once on top I made my way back to the car and on to work.  The walk was 3.47 miles with 426 feet climbed in 1:08:34 hours.  Tortoise rating:  3.8; calories burned:  544.  Please click below if you'd like to see a map and more.

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit

2014 Stats:

387.39 miles walked, which is 38.70% of my 2014 goal.
120:55:30 hours walked, which is 38.63% of my 2014 goal
18,610 total feet climbed 
62,258 calories burned
 37.70% of the year has passed
I've walked on 111 of the 118 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 94.07% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!



5 comments:

  1. Didn't even know you could connect to that trail from this side! And what is tortoise track...should I know what this is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you turn off the highway at Maverik in Hurricane and drive past the ball fields, the road ends at a trailhead, which then goes steeply down to the river. I arranged my walk to go down a less steep path (Confluence View Trail) and up the steep trail, so as to give myself a more vigorous workout. If you look closely at the trail junction picture above, you will see that this trail is appropriately named ... Tortoise Track. When I saw it I just had to take the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, the picture of that sign needs to be framed!! Or at least printed out and put on the filing cabinet with a magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea, Rachel ... check this out and tell me what you think of where it is printed and on display in my office ...
    http://elpadresrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2014/05/tortoise-track-sign.html?zx=665098af19df0bd

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tortoise track!!! AWES!!! We need to do it this summer and love it on your board! :)

    ReplyDelete