"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Thursday, May 22, 2014

14-142

After my appointments in Orange County today, I headed over to 1st Street in Santa Ana to continue my walk on the Santa Ana River Trail.  It was a beautiful day, and I made it to the 22 freeway near it's intersection with the 5 and the 57, and about a mile from Anaheim Stadium.  Overall, I have now walked 11 miles each direction from there to the beach; it's one of three trails I'm working on gradually completing.  The other two I will do the next two days.  Definitely better variety than the treadmill.  Totals for today were 5.82 miles with 85 feet climbed in 1:43:21 hours.  Tortoise rating:  6.7, but being over five miles gives us our third Benjamin category override to 5.0.  Calories burned:  903.

There's a few goodies waiting for you if you click the button below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!

Here's a map of most of my walk.  My batteries died with about a mile to go, so I calculated how much farther I walked based on my pace and the amount of additional time I walked.  I did it so that if I was off a little, it would be on the side of I walked at least as far as I'm saying I did, if not a little more.


Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit
2014 Stats:

395.40 miles walked, which is 39.50% of my 2014 goal.
123:19:20 hours walked, which is 39.40% of my 2014 goal
18,810 total feet climbed 
63,454 calories burned
 38.98% of the year has passed
I've walked on 113 of the 122 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 92.62% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smilingl


Bridge looks pretty in the distance, I think Becca would approve

Then you get up close and see that it is an abandoned railroad bridge. Oh well.






This bridge is more like it, another one they have all the walkers and bicyclists
walk to the other side of the concrete ditch masquerading as a river.




Edna Park, a Santa Ana city park, doubles as a rest area for this county trail.  Nice!





An access point to the trail near The City mall ...
Doug and Josh will remember this well.


The colorful flowers make me think of my sweetheart.



Now I'm about to walk under the 22 freeway

The view on the other side of the underpass

And a side view.  This is my turnaround point for today.
The top of the building in the background, we used to
jokingly call Nakatomi Tower back in the day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment