"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Wednesday, June 18, 2014

14-169



Willyne is at camp giving the church Young Women the time of their lives, Sarah is at the house with her 3 and could use my car today ... so I walked to work by way of Tortoise Track to add a little to the uphill portion.  Then later I walked to and from lunch. Total of both was 4.91 miles with 298 feet climbed in 1:32:17 hours.  Tortoise rating:  4.9; calories burned:  765.  For maps and much, much more, please click below ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness


Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness

 2014 Stats:


473.59 miles walked, which is 47.31% of my 2014 goal.
147:14:21 hours walked, which is 47.04% of my 2014 goal
21,817 total feet climbed 
75,684 calories burned
 46.33% of the year has passed
Weigh-in:  236.7, down 1.3 from my last weigh-in on June 9.
I've walked on 134 of the 145 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 92.41% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

****************************************************
EXTRA!  EXTRA!

As a special thanks to Rachel, Benjamin, and the Boredom Committee, and their comments to today's post as originally written, we have this special extra boredom treat for you ...




8 comments:

  1. Yes!!!!! Love the picture el padre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fantastic indeed! Just an average day for the tortoise, walking to work and a small stroll to lunch for a total of 5 miles. Love it! And absolutely love the new header and recognition of the boredom committee! Boredom has never been more awes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the love ... so much thanks that I have gone back and added an extra feature to this post as a tribute to the boredom committee.
    PS - I'm depending on the committee chairman, that would be you, Benjamin, to post in these comments from day to day a running total of red cards assessed to this blog that has lost its way. Got boredom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of great boredom comes great songs!! This was awesome, where did you find this gem?! Wade Brady was crazy good coming up with those songs on the spot like that, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Google. The source of all fascinatingly trivial knowledge in this post-millennial era. It's where I find many of my walking paths as well ...

    I googled the words "boredom song" wondering what I would find. I tried two of the top ones that appeared, but while they were pathetically boring, on my second attempt I noticed this little gem in the list of similar songs in the right column.

    Voila! Perfection in boredom was found! I went into mota level laughter almost instantly, I mean, Wade Brady is a genius! I had found the gem I was hoping to share after the great comments you and Benjamin made ...

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget the purple cards for flopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you googled boredom and something with accountants came out! Thanks for this, total awes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I count beans. Is anything more boring? Perish the thought!

    ReplyDelete