"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Thursday, June 19, 2014

14-170



I walked to Valley Academy for my final board meeting this evening ... the long way so that after the meeting I could quickly walk back to the office, pack and go home, and have my walk done for the day.   3.47 miles with 162 feet climbed in 1:03:43 hours.  Tortoise rating:  5.2; calories burned:  540.  For a map, another picture, and more quite boring stats, please click below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness

We will take the steepest of the roads at the intersection,
the notch slight left :-)

Shhhh ... don't tell the Boredom Committee ...

The tortoise presents to you another of his favorite walking songs, or one to pound out work to.  The whole thing is great, but you know how much I love instrumentals and at 3:10 these guys start an amazing one.  Someone out there must agree with me, because Rolling Stone has dubbed it number 27 on their all time list of 500 greatest songs.  Put on those earbuds and tell me if you don't walk a little faster listening to this one ...







2014 Stats:


477.06 miles walked, which is 47.66% of my 2014 goal.
147:14:21 hours walked, which is 47.38% of my 2014 goal
21,979 total feet climbed 
76,224 calories burned
 46.65% of the year has passed
I've walked on 135 of the 146 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 92.47% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

I know I'm doing the right thing at this time focusing on my business, dealing with all the changes happening there, and leaving the charter school board, but I will leave a piece of me on the wall in the far hall by one of the seventh grade classrooms.  I enjoyed doing my bit to make local education just a little better.  One step at a time ...

The tortoise is smiling!

3 comments:

  1. Boredom is not an option! The terrible herbst still lives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you are doing here, providing awes tunes while reading glorious stats on your hiking adventures. This absolutely receives a citation from the boredom committee even though this walk is one of your classics.

    Since making these official this is your first citation- you've been warned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrible Herbst has kept his place of honor at the top of the right column. Even the boring accounting songs couldn't knock them out of their place. But Tortoise has been chastened by the Boredom Committee and will try ever harder to meet its standards of excellence in providing needed boredom to the teeming masses of the world.

    ReplyDelete