"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Friday, June 27, 2014

14-178


Look at this fabulous family I have that all walked around the block with me to finish the first 500 miles of my 2014 quest to 1,001!  Pretty nice birthday eve present if you ask me!  We walked 0.79 miles with 19 feet climbed in 19:22 minutes. Tortoise rating:  5.6; calories burned:  137.  Lots more pictures with the map, so join in the celebration and click below to continue reading (boredom committee, I dare you ...)

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness


















Saved the best for last :-)
2014 Stats:

500.00 miles walked, which is 49.95% of my 2014 goal.

156:01:25 hours walked, which is 49.85% of my 2014 goal

23,016 total feet climbed 
79,955 calories burned
 48.88% of the year has passed
I've walked on 142 of the 153 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 92.81% consistency rating.

There just might be a supplemental walk later today so that the tortoise hits his self-imposed 2 mile daily minimum ...

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

4 comments:

  1. The boredom committee loves this post! The pictures are awes but I've never seen such a degree of boredom in the route, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always glad to be of service, kind sir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One step at a time, dear Sarah, one step at a time. Loves!

    ReplyDelete