"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Friday, July 11, 2014

14-192


The temple is always a good way to end a busy day ... and week.  And after that ... it was time to walk.  3.55 miles with 130 feet climbed in 1:09:18 hours.  You don't think much about what a steady climb it is on any St. George street headed north until you walk it.  I was surprised how much I felt it.  On the 1 mile uphill portion, the tortoise rating was 5.0.  I burned 558 calories on this walk.  For a map and more pictures, including the magical mystery feature of what I thought was a straight forward walk on city streets, please click below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!


Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness

Starting out from the east end of the temple parking lot around 10 pm

The visitors center always looks amazing from the outside!

Roo, this one made me think of you and the soccer games you played here.
I tried to get one of the field too, but that didn't work at night ...

I got to Tabernacle Street 6 blocks before this beautiful pioneer building for
which the street is named.  That whole 6 blocks I was hearing the sound track
of a movie wondering who had such a sound system, and where was it.  I was
still wondering when I got here, and then ...

I made it to the St. George Town Square for my magical mystery surprise of the night,
where several hundred (might have been a thousand) people were watching Frozen.
The city does this every 2nd & 4th Friday in the summer, you can learn more about it
at  http://www.sgcity.org/cityevents/ 

2014 Stats:

543.38 miles walked, which is 54.28% of my 2014 goal.
170:02:11 hours walked, which is 54.32% of my 2014 goal
24,646 total feet climbed 
86,810 calories burned
 52.72% of the year has passed
Weigh-in:  236.8, down 1.3 from my last weigh-in on July 1.

I've walked 35 consecutive non-Sundays since my last missed day on May 31, and overall have walked on 154 of the 165 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 93.33% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!


2 comments:

  1. Losing weight during the reunion and aftermath, IMPRESSIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement, I need to string a few of those "lost weight" posts together. What I lost was half of what I gained in the Jul 1 post, but you are right, all progress needs to be celebrated :-)

    ReplyDelete