"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Tuesday, July 29, 2014

14-210


Greetings, as the tortoise passes the American Legion building in Hurricane on his walk home from work tonight.  3.29 miles with 213 feet climbed in 1:01:03 hours.  Tortoise rating was 4.7 on the 1.48 mile uphill portion of the walk; 515 calories were burned.  For a map and tonight's instrumental gem, please click below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness

Gary Lynn and Put Put Charlie will be among those select few who remember the 499 turns in the road up Breckenridge Mountain.  There were many memorable things about weekend jaunts to this fine place, not the least of which was the music of the day, which I have a Pandora station to remind me of when I get in the mood.  Tonight was such a time, and then this brilliant instrumental came on.  Enjoy ...



2014 Stats:

599.63 miles walked, which is 59.90% of my 2014 goal.
188:54:27 hours walked, which is 60.35% of my 2014 goal
28,068 total feet climbed 
95,773 calories burned
 57.51% of the year has passed

I've walked 50 consecutive non-Sundays since my last missed day on May 31, and overall have walked on 169 of the 180 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 93.89% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

2 comments: