"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Monday, July 28, 2014

14-209


I found myself in St. George at the end of the work day.  It was threatening rain and breezy, which actually made for pretty nice walking conditions for late afternoon in July.  I parked at Cottonwood Cove Park on Dixie Drive, and headed out on the Santa Clara River Trail, first by heading down to Star Nursery to pick up where I left off on June 13.  Following this I retraced my steps, then walked through the park and took some nice pictures.  I also discovered that the trail pretty much ends at the top of the park, so I continued with a magical mystery walk on various sidewalks to complete a 4.29 mile roundtrip walk in 1:19:20 hours, climbing 146 feet in the process.  Tortoise rating was 5.6; calories burned were 671.

When you click below to continue reading, you'll find those nice pictures along with a map ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness

I like this park!



Nice covered eating area

Trails end


View of the riverbed through the iron gate shown above

my turnaround point

Headed back down Valley View

The top of the trail


A couple of swinging benches for two ...

This park even has a beach volleyball court!

2014 Stats:

596.34 miles walked, which is 59.57% of my 2014 goal.
187:53:24 hours walked, which is 60.03% of my 2014 goal
27,855 total feet climbed 
95,258 calories burned
 57.19% of the year has passed

I've walked 49 consecutive non-Sundays since my last missed day on May 31, and overall have walked on 168 of the 179 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 93.85% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment