"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Wednesday, September 17, 2014

14-260


Tortoise greatly enjoys the varied scenes he is blessed with as he walks.  Near the midpoint of this evening's walk we have the classic ballfield view ... with the extra bonus of very colorful clouds and Zion Park's West Temple in the background.

Today's walk came in three parts:  A half-mile round trip to accept my sister's invitation to lunch followed by another half-mile round trip to the bank and completed with a three mile loop to the American Legion ball fields and back.  Totals were 4.21 miles with 223 feet climbed in 1:22:29 hours.  The first two segments were essentially flat, while the tortoise rating on the uphill 1.54 mile portion of the final segment was 4.7.  Calories burned were 662.


For a thought from Helvecio Martins, a map, and more, please click below to continue reading ...


Cheerio!




Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyFitness



Love to see rainbows!


2014 Stats:

743.43 miles walked, which is 74.27% of my 2014 goal.
234:59:18 hours walked, which is 75.08% of my 2014 goal
35,618 total feet climbed 
118,734 calories burned
71.25% of the year has passed

Weigh-in:  229.6, down 1.7 from my last weigh-in on August 8 and continuing a drop of a total of 8.5 pounds since July 1.

I've walked 32 consecutive non-Sundays since my last missed day on August 11, and overall have walked on 211 of the 223 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 94.62% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.



Today's walking thought, by Helvecio Martins, born 1930 in Rio de Janeiro, died 2005 in Santo Andre, Sao Paulo ...

"But a testimony is not a work that is merely completed and concluded. Indeed, it is a process in continuous development. Nourishing and strengthening our testimonies is essential to our spiritual survival.

"A testimony should not be hidden. It must be shared. 

"Brothers and sisters, I am absolutely sure that you can imagine how long my journey was to arrive here. But I ask if you know what brings me here? And I hasten to answer: my testimony.

"I know that God lives. Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer, also lives, and we are dependent on Him for our salvation and exaltation."


For the rest of this heartfelt witness, in your choice of video, audio, or print, please visit:  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1990/10/the-value-of-a-testimony?lang=eng.  (Can you imagine how beautiful this would sound in Português? ... beginning in 1994, the Conference Archives began including Português, see https://www.lds.org/general-conference/conferences?lang=por )

The tortoise is smiling!  #ShareGoodness

No comments:

Post a Comment