"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Tuesday, August 27, 2013

13-239

This is the first half of a walk on both coasts in the same week.  I'm trying to write this on my iPad on   the airplane headed home, and I do better on blogger on my Windows laptop.  Someone wants to train me, sounds brilliant to me!  In the meantime, please click here to look at some great pictures and if you scroll far enough, you'll see some more descriptions.

Cheerio!

























Sunset on the shore near the Hermosa Beach, CA fishing pier. Very peaceful.
This evening's walk after finishing my three appointments today (and driving here from Utah this morning) was 3.31 miles in 1:15 hours total elapsed time, included several breaks to stop and enjoy.  Total walked since 6/28:  104.38 miles.  Tortoise rating:  6.8 ... elevation range from -5 (low tide) to +50, for an average of 23, and an average grade of 0.3%.  If I really want to find a path at a perfect 7.0 tortoise rating, I guess I'm going to have to find a parking place at sea level and then walk a flat path along the beach.  The view and the salt air were pretty terrific too.  Click here for more pictures:

Cheerio!


I parked at the 2nd Avenue end of the Hermosa Greenbelt trail

The Hermosa Greenbelt trail is terrific.  Wide, smooth tree-lined path with frequent benches










2 comments:

  1. The pictures of the beach at night were super pretty, especially the pictures of the water

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of the salt in the air too!

    ReplyDelete