"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Saturday, March 1, 2014

14-60


Drove to Rancho Cucamonga last night in windy, rainy conditions after work and dealing with two insurance companies on personal matters (one was to try to persuade a change in arranging short-term skilled nursing care for my mother following shoulder and elbow surgeries made necessary be a fall last week, the other was caused by someone backing in to my parked car yesterday).

Had a full day of client appointments today beginning at 8 am.  A few times today it started raining pretty hard again, but towards the end of the afternoon it calmed down, so I ventured out on this walk to complete the Long Beach beachfront path (I did the rest on September 29, 2012, you can read about it by visiting  http://terreeeblay.blogspot.com/2012/09/3-151.html)

Walking after rain is a real treat, it cleans everything up so nicely ... and of course the beach air and sound of the waves is always soothing too.  I thoroughly enjoyed it for the first 3 miles, then it started raining again.  Fortunately, I was bundled up enough that I didn't mind the liquid sunshine at all ... in fact, I have been saying thank you prayers for the moisture here and at home!

Totals today:  4.26 miles, totally flat at sea level for the basic 7.0 tortoise rating.  Time: 1:09:40 hours.  Calories burned:  696.  For a map and more, please click below to continue reading ...

Cheerio!



Create Maps or search from 80 million at Humana Fit




2014 Stats:

183.77 miles walked, which is 18.38% of my 2014 goal.
58:31:02 hours walked, which is 18.70% of my 2014 goal
  9,666 total feet climbed
29,061 calories burned 
16.61% of the year has passed.
I've walked on 50 of the 52 non-Sundays thus far in 2014, a 96.15% consistency rating.

The purpose of the percentages is to have a higher percentage of distance and time walked than of the year. This tells me I am on track. I'm sure this is more numbers than you are interested in, all I can say is I'm really good at setting high goals and having them slip away because I don't do them every, every day.

The tortoise is smiling!

3 comments:

  1. The tortoise is back!!! I know you are super busy so I'm glad to see since your last post you've walked about 35 miles, incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love that a casual walk for you is over 4 miles and the rain did not stop you!! Walking by the beach is a huge perk, glad you got to bask during your crazy just season

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you for your fun comments ... breathing in fresh air and working out the back kinks is definitely helpful in keeping me going the other 23 hours of the day! As for the rain not stopping me, well, I was a mile from my car and committed to finishing what I had started. Might as well enjoy it!

    I am really finding some fun places to walk :-)

    ReplyDelete