"The Blog Almost Too Boring To Be The Most Boring Blog in America ... for Over 5 Years!"

until it got too many red cards from Wounded Duck and the Boredom Enforcement Committee ... now the tortoise's goal is to get to 10 red cards so he can get Big Dog to drive down and take a good long walk with the tortoise

P. S. This blog listens to its readers. We have the Benjamin Category Override for 5+ mile walks and now, it humbles Tortoise to say he has been named "Lou", by Doug Jr, in memory of Mr. Consistency himself, Lou Gehrig. Tortoise can hardly type the words to think he is in any way comparable to the noble Iron Horse. Thank you!


Monday, July 29, 2013

13-210

Sarah joined me on my walk this morning, very nice!

All my devices had no battery this morning, so you will have to picture in your minds eye the view she and I had and rely on my June 30, 2012 post for the stats, which are:  1.01 miles walked, 292 feet climbed, tortoise rating:  0.6.  We walked halfway to the L and back in 40 minutes, including the time we enjoyed the sunrise beginning over the majestic peaks of Zion to the east.

Footnote:  Miles walked since June 28 ... 46.00.

Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. Love this hike, and I can picture it in my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'd like to come twice in a year instead of once, and enjoy the goodness of these walks more often, that would be glorious indeed! (I know that isn't easy, but we can all dream, right?) In the meantime, very glad you are enjoying them here!

    ReplyDelete